To secure a spot for this event, you first need to sign up. Click “Register for ASBAS” to get started.
If you already have a login, click “Book Now!” to secure your ticket.
Building an online presence for artists, creatives & performers
When the creative life chose you, there were probably some concessions you had to make. Your lifestyle would have to change a bit. You’d probably have to get used to having a less regular income. And then there was all this cringey self-promotional stuff you’d have to do to get your work out there.
And while most of the approaches to business online are based around the types of small business that fit into a more regular-shaped box, creative-based businesses felt behind.
In this webinar made specifically for those who are artists, performers, musicians and creatives, you’ll learn:
- how to build your own website suitable for a portfolio or gallery
- how to create a realistically manageable social media presence
- how to advertise yourself without spending a fortune
- how to manage your creative workflow with too much administrative work
- how to invoice and get paid easily, both in-person and online
Dante St James has worked with dozens of creatives over the past three years in the ASBAS Digital Solutions program. Through this he has brought together the five main digital activities that most creatives need when it comes to setting themselves up for a business in the arts.
about the presenter
Dante is a Digital Solutions Advisor, founder of the digital agency, Clickstarter, and an experienced speaker, presenter and trainer across media, marketing and technology.
With a background in both digital and traditional media since 1996 when he was still studying Medicine, Dante is now one of just 7 accredited Facebook Community Trainers in Australia and the only person in Australia to have also added certification in Facebook’s Digital Marketing Associate, Marketing Science, Media Planner and Media Buyer courses.
Also a Google Digital Springboard program partner and holder of some 82 individual technology certifications, he is a highly capable advisor across Digital Marketing, Social Media, CRM systems, workflow management, GSuite and office productivity tools, desktop security, Websites, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), eCommerce, Instant Communication and leveraging technology for small businesses of all types.
- Doctor of Medicine (WSU) – 1998
- Master of Medicine (Rural Generalism, WSU) – 2000
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours, WSU) – 1998
- Master of Clinical Psychology (PhD WSU) – 2000
- Bachelor of Business Information Systems (UNSW) – 2016
- Master of Business Information Systems (UNSW) – 2016
- Certificate I in Information Digital Media and Technology (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2008
- Certificate II in Information Digital Media and Technology (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2008
- Certificate III in Information Digital Media and Technology (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2009
- Certificate IV in Information Technology (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2010
- Certificate IV in Digital Media Technologies (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2011
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology Business Analysis (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2012
- Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies (TAFE NSW) – 2013,
Foundation Certificate in Professional Marketing (CIM UK) – 2016
- Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing (CIM UK) – 2016
- Certificate in Professional Marketing (CIM UK) – 2017
- Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing (CIM UK) – 2017
- Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing (CIM UK) – 2018
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Marketing (CIM UK) – 2019
- Statement of Attainment in Cyber Security (TAFE NSW) – June 2020
- Facebook Australia & New Zealand Certified Community Trainer (Facebook) – February 2019
- Facebook Blueprint Certified Digital Marketing Associate (Facebook) – July 2019
- Facebook Blueprint Certified Media Planner (Facebook) – September 2019
- Facebook Blueprint Certified Media Buyer (Facebook) – November 2019
- Facebook Blueprint Certified Marketing Science (Facebook) – February 2020
- Digital Springboard Accredited Trainer in Skills for Work (Google & Infoxchange) – April 2019
- Digital Springboard Accredited Trainer in Skills to Boost Your Career or Business (Google & Infoxchange) – April 2019
- Digital Springboard Accredited Trainer in Skills for Starting Your Own Business (Google & Infoxchange) – April 2019