Getting Feedback On Your Business – Pitch Your Idea
Delivery Method: Face to Face Workshop
Pitch your idea – is it a business or a hobby?
The key differences between having a hobby and a business are your tax, insurance and legal obligations. It's important to understand the characteristics of businesses and hobbies to ensure you correctly determine what your activities are.
A hobby is a pastime or leisure activity conducted in your spare time for recreation or pleasure.
Pitch your idea to get seal of approval – business or hobby, you will identify the following key differences:
• You can apply for an ABN to use in your business transactions.
• You can register a .com.au website once you have an ABN.
• You have access to government information, services and concessions for business.
• You can establish a business identity when selling to customers and other businesses.
• You can claim tax deductions for business expenses against your taxable income.
about the presenter
Pink Owls Consultancy, led by Kelley Chisholm and Kate Hewett, has more than 30 years of experience in small business start-ups, business development and executive leadership.
Kelley co-founded a building demolition and recycling business that expanded to importing goods across Australia and establishing a local mill. She spent a decade working in a COO role for a large social enterprise and community development organisation. She currently leads an international charity focused on helping women in the developing world establish businesses for independence and self-sufficiency.
Kate has worked in small business in both the accommodation and home-based business spaces. She has built these side incomes whilst working as a teacher and raising a family. She is passionate about helping women build other streams of income to supplement their family wealth. She is a certified Life Coach with skills to support people with holistic development.
Together Kelley and Kate’s specific expertise is best seen in the following fields:
- Growing the Leader
- Strategy & Execution
- Sound Foundations for Business Practice
- Maintaining Values in Parallel with Brand Consistency
- Training for High Performance
Kelley and Kate are equally effective in group facilitated training workshops or 1:1 mentoring or coaching.