How to deal with customers by phone
It’s not just millennials. More than 64% of customers prefer to deal with businesses via messaging. Not by phone. You can ask almost any recent high school or university graduate and the list of definitions of hell, to them, would have “working in a call centre” near the top of the list.
And while much of the basic customer contact process has moved online to more indirect forms of communication, the phone is still the place where people go when their issues are more complex, more urgent, or simply can’t be resolved satisfactorily online.
Even the most terrified phone-phobes can benefit from this free session that is all about learning the skills to break the ice to develop a solid rapport with customers on the phone. We’ll talk about how to develop your listening skills, express empathy in a meaningful way, handle angry customers and stay focused on being the best customer-oriented business owned that you can be.
In this 1-hour webinar with Dante St James you will learn:
- How to start an outbound call and answer an inbound call
- How to break those awkward silent moments
- How to put people on hold without making them feel abandoned
- How to listen to what your customer is really saying
- How to make your customer feel understood and listened to
- How to calm an angry caller from the outset
about the presenter
Dante is a Digital Solutions Advisor, founder of the digital agency, Clickstarter, and an experienced speaker, presenter and trainer across media, marketing and technology.
With a background in both digital and traditional media since 1996 when he was still studying Medicine, Dante is now one of just 7 accredited Facebook Community Trainers in Australia and the only person in Australia to have also added certification in Facebook’s Digital Marketing Associate, Marketing Science, Media Planner and Media Buyer courses.
Also a Google Digital Springboard program partner and holder of some 82 individual technology certifications, he is a highly capable advisor across Digital Marketing, Social Media, CRM systems, workflow management, GSuite and office productivity tools, desktop security, Websites, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), eCommerce, Instant Communication and leveraging technology for small businesses of all types.
- Doctor of Medicine (WSU) – 1998
- Master of Medicine (Rural Generalism, WSU) – 2000
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours, WSU) – 1998
- Master of Clinical Psychology (PhD WSU) – 2000
- Bachelor of Business Information Systems (UNSW) – 2016
- Master of Business Information Systems (UNSW) – 2016
- Certificate I in Information Digital Media and Technology (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2008
- Certificate II in Information Digital Media and Technology (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2008
- Certificate III in Information Digital Media and Technology (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2009
- Certificate IV in Information Technology (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2010
- Certificate IV in Digital Media Technologies (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2011
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology Business Analysis (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2012
- Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies (TAFE NSW) – 2013,
Foundation Certificate in Professional Marketing (CIM UK) – 2016
- Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing (CIM UK) – 2016
- Certificate in Professional Marketing (CIM UK) – 2017
- Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing (CIM UK) – 2017
- Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing (CIM UK) – 2018
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Marketing (CIM UK) – 2019
- Statement of Attainment in Cyber Security (TAFE NSW) – June 2020
- Facebook Australia & New Zealand Certified Community Trainer (Facebook) – February 2019
- Facebook Blueprint Certified Digital Marketing Associate (Facebook) – July 2019
- Facebook Blueprint Certified Media Planner (Facebook) – September 2019
- Facebook Blueprint Certified Media Buyer (Facebook) – November 2019
- Facebook Blueprint Certified Marketing Science (Facebook) – February 2020
- Digital Springboard Accredited Trainer in Skills for Work (Google & Infoxchange) – April 2019
- Digital Springboard Accredited Trainer in Skills to Boost Your Career or Business (Google & Infoxchange) – April 2019
- Digital Springboard Accredited Trainer in Skills for Starting Your Own Business (Google & Infoxchange) – April 2019