How to have difficult conversations
Presented by Claire Maradani
“Often we go through an entire conversation – or indeed an entire relationship – without ever realizing that each of us is paying attention to different things, that our views are based on different information.” - Douglas Stone, Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most
All leaders have difficult conversations at some point in time, whether it’s telling an employee they aren’t getting a raise or a promotion, disciplining poor performance, or even firing someone. Sometimes those difficult conversations are with customers, suppliers or even family members. Having difficult conversations may never be easy, but there are ways to make those conversations both productive and as painless as possible.
In this free webinar from Claire Maradani you’ll learn:
- How to be direct without being hurtful
- How to be specific without being petty
- How to plan out the conversation, but leave room for the unexpected
- How to handle the reactions of others during difficult conversations
about the presenter
Claire is a well-respected leadership consultant and business improvement specialist. She helps transform organisations’ culture, leadership and management teams to build harmonious and productive workplaces.
Her extensive business experience includes an international corporate career managing large marketing teams in North America and Asia.
Claire went on to own two recruitment companies in Australia servicing the USA and UAE before starting TREETI in 2009.
- Dip Bus Mgmt (COTAH)
- Dip Bus Admin (NCB)
- DiSC Accredited
- Trained mediator with the Dispute Resolution Branch (DRB)
- Department of Justice and Attorney-General
- NLP Certified
- Landmark Global Wisdom Course