How to Promote Your Event Online
Are you running an event, either in the real world or online? This workshop will cover the basics of promoting and managing your event so it gets seen by your target audience on digital platforms.
Some of the topics we'll cover include:
- Creating an event promotion timeline and schedule.
- The information and content you'll need to make it simple for attendees to learn about your event.
- How to do free/paid ticketing options online.
- Utilising Facebook and LinkedIn events for promotion.
- Listing your event on free directory and local event sites.
- Creating a press release to connect with local media.
- Maintaining anticipation in the leadup to the event through regular posts, videos, breadcrumbs, and competitions.
about the presenter
Susannah is a digital generalist with a knack for approaching marketing with fun outside the box ideas (and lots of them). She loves content writing, SEO, and discovering and conquering new Social Media platforms, and she’s the co-founder of EAT Digital, a company which offers digital marketing training to small business.
Susannah has spent over a decade in the marketing sector, starting out with her own personal brand and projects, then moving into marketing roles in agencies, medtech, hospitality, and the construction industry. Her non-traditional entry into the marketing space included managing a viral disaster page which grew to 40,000 followers in 48 hours and building one of her first websites to 500,000 views per month, primarily through SEO and Pinterest.
When she’s not on Twitter, Susannah loves spending her time blogging, creating content that generates thousands of views and helps small business grow their traffic and leads exponentially.
Susannah is a passionate people person, who enjoys attending networking events and community groups across the region, connecting new faces and ideas with the right people to create unique collaborations and opportunities.
Susannah is also a mental health advocate with lived experience of trauma and recovery, a topic she shares about regularly through her own personal channels.
- Diploma of Arts (Journalism) – University of Southern Queensland
- Master of Marketing – Griffith University