LinkedIn Profile Building
With seconds to make a professional first impression, is your online presence communicating the value of your personal brand? In business today, your digital footprint is your social currency.
The best tool to build your professional personal brand is LinkedIn, and it is free!
LinkedIn is the largest and most powerful professional social network. Your profile must be optimised to be found within LinkedIn but also in search engines such as Google.
Does your profile
Show up in search for the phrases your ideal clients use? Represent your personal brand?
Tell your professional story?
Showcase your talents and expertise?
Share social proof to back up what you do?
Invite engagement or action?
Is it up to date and accurate?
Jo Saunders will show you how to optimise your LinkedIn profile to improve your online position, in order to be found and chosen.
Work through the sections of your profile to optimise and brand yourself effectively;
• Digital footprint – optimise your online positioning statement
• Brand – Discover how to update your visual images and media
• Journey – use our framework to craft your story
• Expertise – optimise your roles
• Knowledge – Showcase your qualifications and professional development
• Skills – share your range of skills relevant to the work you do
• Social proof – share evidence and testimonials
• Contact – make it easy for your ideal audience to get in touch
Update parts of your profile in this hands-on session and leave with a framework to craft your copy and understand what to do to optimise and update your LinkedIn profile.
about the presenter
Jo Saunders is a leading international LinkedIn expert, marketing strategist and social media educator of the year finalist, who has been helping people connect and communicate since the early 90s, through pen and paper, events and social media.
Known as Australia’s LinkedIn Demystifier, Jo guides individuals and teams through the complexities of LinkedIn and social marketing tools, to communicate your brand message, showcase your talent, build thought leadership and relationships. She shows graduates, professionals, leaders and teams how to energise brand visibility, enhance credibility and earn influence through the power of Connectfluence.
With over two decades experience in event management, design and marketing, she has designed and managed events, content and communication strategies for Australian and international events, organisations and businesses.
From a young age she has had a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial mindset, having the creative ideas to help others connect. Her first business was creating and selling custom made giftware and as soon as she was old enough she had multiple part time jobs. She had a vision to run a club and produce a magazine, which she did from age 18 for 8 years through her international penfriend club.
With a love of learning, she has never stopped expanding her mind and skillset, largely through curated self-paced training. She values implementable action-based learning over academics, and has studied multi-media, web and graphic design. Recently she became a Certified Entrepreneurial Mindset Profile® Practitioner, to guide her clients in harnessing their own entrepreneurial personality and skills.
Jo is a certified trainer and has spoken on local, international and virtual stages, over the last decade resulting in inspiring and educating thousands of people around the world.
- Best Use of LinkedIn 2021 Award winner – Social Media Marketing Institute
- Social Media Awards finalist in 3 categories 2021 – Social Media Marketing Institute
- Social Media Educator of the Year 2019 Award Finalist – Social Media Marketing Institute.
- 2019 Top 50 Social Media Marketing Influencers – TopRank Marketing.
- #2 LinkedIn Expert in Asia Pacific for 2018 & #4 LinkedIn Expert in Asia Pacific for 2019 – Social Media Marketing Institute
- #4 global LinkedIn expert list 2018 – Klout
- The only Australian LinkedIn expert to be invited to speak at Social Media Marketing World, the biggest social media conference (2018 spoke to a full room)
- Co-host of YouTube video series #ConnectionCouch
- Founder and host of #LinkedInLocalPerth
- Author of ‘Get Good or Get Off – A Guide to Getting it Right on Social Media’
- Certified Entrepreneurial Mindset Profile Practitioner
- Cert IV TAE
- Cert IV Prepress & Graphic Design