Mental Health First Aid
Courses take place over 2 days from 8:30AM to 3:30PM (AWST) both days. Select your preferred date on the Eventbrite page.
20th-21st January 2022 or
24th-25th February 2022 or
24th-25th March 2022 or
21st-22nd April 2022 or
28th-29th April 2022.
Attend this 2-day course to learn how to assist an adult who may be experiencing a mental health problem or mental health crisis using a practical, evidence-based action plan until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves.
Each year 1 in 5 Australians will experience a mental illness. Many people are not knowledgeable or confident to help. Physical first aid is accepted and widespread in our community, however, most do not cover mental health problems. Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches people the skills to help someone who they're concerned about.
Over 800,000 people across Australia have now been trained in Mental Health First Aid. This course is based on guidelines developed through the expert consensus of professionals and people who have experienced mental health problems.
Who is this course for:
Any business professional, human resources or manager/supervisor
• Become an accredited Mental Health First Aider (valid for 3 years)
• Build mental health knowledge and skills
• Putting mental health first aid into practice
• Understanding the signs and symptoms
• How you can help
Evaluations consistently show that MHFA training is associated with:
• Improving knowledge of mental illnesses, their treatments and appropriate strategies
• Building confidence in providing aid to individuals struggling in the present business climate
• Decreased stigma of the past and increased work-life balance
About the Presenter:
Sheryl Kelly is an engaging workplace and community trainer with over 20 years’ experience as a training professional in Australia and the United Kingdom. She is also a business owner and a consultant who specialises in safety and risk.
Sheryl has a history of working in government, education, transport, construction, mining, oil and gas and workers' compensation insurance. She also has a personal interest in mental health wellbeing, having served as a police officer in Western Australia for 10 years.
Academic qualifications and training include:
• Associate Degree of Arts in Training and Development
• Graduate Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
• Work Health and Safety Diploma
• Certificate IV in Workshop Training and Assessment
• Lead Auditor in OHS Management System
Further Australian mental health support available:
• Beyond Blue - www.beyondblue.org.au
• Black Dog Institute - www.blackdoginstitute.org.au
• Head to Health - www.headtohealth.gov.au
• Lifeline - www.lifeline.org.au
about the presenter
Business Station has a pool of talented business advisors who are experts in their respective fields. We have advisors located across WA, QLD and NT in both metro and regional locations offering face to face, online advisory sessions and training options. Our thorough screening process means that our experts are the best in their field and will be able to give you the most up-to-date, relevant advice.
More than just offering advice, our business advisors will teach you the skills you need to be able to enhance your digital capabilities within your business.
Offering advice on small business software, cyber security, websites and selling online and all areas of digital marketing, our team of experts are here to help you learn and grow your business.