To secure a spot for this event, you first need to sign up. Click “Register for ASBAS” to get started.
If you already have a login, click “Book Now!” to secure your ticket.
Overcoming Unconscious Bias in Small Business
When we’re running through the world at the speed of life, we don’t have much time to consider why we do what we do or think in the ways that we think. As a result, so much of what we do is almost automatic. We don’t remember actively choosing to drive from home to work. We don’t remember every little detail of what we did, why we made the choices we made or even how we dealt with some situations that popped up unexpectedly.
Our upbringing, the neighbourhood we grew up in, the friends we chose to hang out with and even the approach of our teachers and mentors as we grew into adulthood, all shaped a series of automatic thinking that forms what is known as unconscious bias.
And while unconscious bias can help us have a more efficient day, it can also cause problems in our businesses. That’s because unconscious bias impacts the products and services we sell, the way we advertise and even the clients and staff we choose to work with.
It doesn’t matter who you are or how you grew up, you came bundled with your own set of unconscious biases. And these can manifest themselves in ways that are harmful to your business. That’s because unconscious biases, when ignored, can contain racism, sexism, assumptions about people’s lifestyles, beliefs and behaviours that are either untrue or even blatantly destructive to small business.
In this important webinar, you will learn:
- what unconscious bias is and how it can play out in life
- the unintended effects of unconscious bias on business
- how unconscious bias impacts on clients, staff and communities
- how it manifests in advertising and marketing
- the questions to ask that ensure that your conscious mind is in the driver’s seat
about the presenter
Dante is a Digital Solutions Advisor, founder of the digital agency, Clickstarter, and an experienced speaker, presenter and trainer across media, marketing and technology.
With a background in both digital and traditional media since 1996 when he was still studying Medicine, Dante is now one of just 7 accredited Facebook Community Trainers in Australia and the only person in Australia to have also added certification in Facebook’s Digital Marketing Associate, Marketing Science, Media Planner and Media Buyer courses.
Also a Google Digital Springboard program partner and holder of some 82 individual technology certifications, he is a highly capable advisor across Digital Marketing, Social Media, CRM systems, workflow management, GSuite and office productivity tools, desktop security, Websites, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), eCommerce, Instant Communication and leveraging technology for small businesses of all types.
- Doctor of Medicine (WSU) – 1998
- Master of Medicine (Rural Generalism, WSU) – 2000
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours, WSU) – 1998
- Master of Clinical Psychology (PhD WSU) – 2000
- Bachelor of Business Information Systems (UNSW) – 2016
- Master of Business Information Systems (UNSW) – 2016
- Certificate I in Information Digital Media and Technology (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2008
- Certificate II in Information Digital Media and Technology (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2008
- Certificate III in Information Digital Media and Technology (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2009
- Certificate IV in Information Technology (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2010
- Certificate IV in Digital Media Technologies (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2011
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology Business Analysis (OTEN TAFE NSW) – 2012
- Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies (TAFE NSW) – 2013,
Foundation Certificate in Professional Marketing (CIM UK) – 2016
- Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing (CIM UK) – 2016
- Certificate in Professional Marketing (CIM UK) – 2017
- Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing (CIM UK) – 2017
- Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing (CIM UK) – 2018
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Marketing (CIM UK) – 2019
- Statement of Attainment in Cyber Security (TAFE NSW) – June 2020
- Facebook Australia & New Zealand Certified Community Trainer (Facebook) – February 2019
- Facebook Blueprint Certified Digital Marketing Associate (Facebook) – July 2019
- Facebook Blueprint Certified Media Planner (Facebook) – September 2019
- Facebook Blueprint Certified Media Buyer (Facebook) – November 2019
- Facebook Blueprint Certified Marketing Science (Facebook) – February 2020
- Digital Springboard Accredited Trainer in Skills for Work (Google & Infoxchange) – April 2019
- Digital Springboard Accredited Trainer in Skills to Boost Your Career or Business (Google & Infoxchange) – April 2019
- Digital Springboard Accredited Trainer in Skills for Starting Your Own Business (Google & Infoxchange) – April 2019