Each year 1 in 5 Australians will experience a mental illness. Many people are not knowledgeable or confident to help. Physical first aid is accepted and widespread in our community, however, most do not cover mental health problems. Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches people the skills to help someone who they’re concerned about.
Many people feel uncomfortable about starting a conversation with someone they think may have a mental health problem.
Learn how to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems or a crisis such as thoughts of suicide.
Gain the confidence to give the most effective support you can and how to access professional help. You’ll also learn about treatments which have been shown by research to be the most effective and how to access these.
Who is this course for:
Any business professional, human resources or manager/supervisor
• Become an accredited Mental Health First Aider (valid for 3 years)
• Build mental health knowledge and skills
• Putting mental health first aid into practice
• Understanding the signs and symptoms
• How you can help
Evaluations consistently show that MHFA training is associated with:
• Improving knowledge of mental illnesses, their treatments and appropriate strategies
• Building confidence in providing aid to individuals struggling in the present business climate
• Decreased stigma of the past and increased work-life balance
Contact [email protected] for more information.