Whether you use Facebook, Instagram or another platform for your business, one of the most common questions is “what on earth am I going to post about today?”. After sitting in front of the computer for a while, you end up posting about whatever you can think of or find first – sound familiar?
What you share on social media should be chosen with your audience, brand and overall strategy in mind – rather than just posting for posting’s sake. But where do you even begin to find this content?
Here are the top 5 places to find relevant and interesting content whenever you’re posting on social media!
But before we start making content…
Define your customer persona so you can make sure you’re looking in the right places for your content. If you don’t know what a customer persona is or haven’t created one yet, download our free template to get started.
In this blog, we’ll call our persona ‘Maria’. This is the person you should always have in mind when looking for content to share.
- Who is Maria? (overall persona profile)
- What does she care about/want to know?
- Where does she hang out? (online and physically)
- What does she do for fun?
Create a file on Maria with answers to the above and add in the links, info and content ideas you find from searching the below. Then, you will have a ‘content bank’ you can reference again and again!
Where to Find Content:
- Social Media. Search for channels, groups, hashtags (related to your industry) and other businesses that Maria would follow; what are they sharing with people like her? Anything that is getting plenty of likes and comments is a good place to start.
- Online Search Engines. Check out BuzzSumo to search keywords for content ideas; Google Trends to see what is popular right now, or BuzzFeed to search keywords (your industry/things Maria is interested in) for content to share.
- In Print. Subscribe to online magazines and newspapers which are relevant to your industry or Maria so you can share their articles and info along with your own opinion and insights.
- Your Customers. Remember to share your testimonials and reviews and get your customers to share photos and tag you so that you can then repost them.
- Your Business. Don’t forget that you have plenty to share too! Team updates and photos, behind the scenes shots, your story and values, customer and industry FAQs, your services and products in action, and more.
We hope this helps you get started with generating amazing content you can share – along with ideas and a guide to help you in future!
A huge thanks to our very own Victoria Yuen for sharing the above tips with us. Victoria runs regular workshops and webinars and is available to book through the Digital Solutions program. Learn more about Victoria and her events by visiting her bio.